One of the things I have been working on this summer is this chocolate chip cookie recipe. I couldn’t find a recipe that created the right texture I wanted, so like anything else, I decided to figure it out myself! I am so happy I persisted, because these cookies are so good and they have become my go-to recipe!
I’m not going to tell you that this is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe in the world, because there are so many factors to take into account – chewy, crispy, soft, fluffy, etc. But this is my personal favorite recipe.
This recipe makes cookies that are soft and fluffy and oh so good.
I wanted these cookies to be really easy to make, no unusual ingredients or complicated steps. The step that takes the most time is the chilling time. I know it can be easy to skip this step, but the chilling is the most important part!
First, chilling the dough helps it to not be so sticky, so its easier to form into balls. Second, it helps to keep the cookies from spreading while baking. These cookies will spread a little bit, but not as much if they weren’t chilled!
Enjoy this delicious cookie recipe below! Be sure to tag me on Instagram (@_stitchberry) with your cookies!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 3/4 sticks of butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray cookie sheets with non-stick spray.
- Cream butter in stand mixer for 1 minute. Add the sugar and cream for another 2 minutes. Add the vanilla and eggs and mix.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until combined.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Use a 1-inch cookie scoop to form balls on prepared cookie sheets. Press down slightly. Sprinkle more chocolate chips on top if desired.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Feel free to add more or less chocolate chips.
To achieve a chewy inside pull the cookies out of the oven a little before they are done. The cookies will continue to cook while they are cooling.
Leave a Reply