This boho pillow crochet pattern will become your new favorite pillow! Effortlessly add a touch of boho with these lovely embroidered pillows. Made with bulky yarn and basic stitches, these pillows are quick and easy to crochet. While the embroidery is completely customizable, the pattern includes a simple embroidery design to follow or for inspiration!
By now it is no secret that much of my inspiration for crochet designs come from Pinterest. One day an image popped up of a pillow with pretty embroidered details. It instantly caught my attention as it was the right amount of boho and minimal style for my taste. I instantly jotted the idea down and I am thrilled to be releasing the pattern for these pillows!
Making this boho pillow crochet pattern is really easy and surprisingly quick! The panels are crocheted in the main color and since it is made with bulky yarn, they can be worked up in no time!
If you have never added embroidery to a crochet pattern you can still totally make these pillows! This was actually my first time adding embroidery and I found it to be really easy and even fun! I definitely recommend starting out with a simple pattern like I did with these pillows. However, feel free to come up with your own embroidery design as well!
WeCrochet’s Billow had quickly become my favorite yarn for pillows for two reasons. First, it is so soft! This yarn feels incredible to crochet with and even better when you rest your head on the finished pillow ;). Second, because this is a bulky weight yarn, one panel can easily be crocheted in just several hours! Additionally, Billow comes in some beautiful colors!
- Main color: 300 yards of bulky weight (category 5) yarn
- Accent color: 8-20 yards of bulky weight (category 5) yarn
- Less than 1 skein of WeCrochet/KnitPicks Billow in White
Hook: US J/6.00mm crochet hook
You will also need:
- Tapestry needle
- 16 inch square pillow form
- The pattern is worked in US crochet terms.
- The pillow cover is made of two panels worked in rows. The embroidered detail is sewn on after the panel is crocheted.
Skill level: Easy
Measurements: This pattern is designed to fit a 16 inch square pillow
Gauge: 8 rows of 7 single crochets = 2 inches
Sl st: Slip stitch
Sc: Single crochet
Panels (Make 2)
Row 1: 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook,1 sc in every ch across. (45) sts. Ch 1, turn.
Row 2-52: 1 sc in every st. (45) sts. Ch 1, turn.
- The embroidery detail is added to just one of the panels, feel free to add it to both sides if desired.
- For this sample, I just did a basic striped embroidery. I recommend doing a simple pattern like this if you are unfamiliar with embroidery.
- Thread the yarn through the needle and knot the two ends together to double the yarn (pictured below)
For this pattern embroidery between the rows. You can adjust how close or how far apart the stripes are from each.
I did an embroidered line every 4 rows. Weave over 2 stitches and under 1 st. Be sure to keep it relatively loose.
Lay the front panel on top of the back panel with the right side facing up. Evenly sc the two panels together, working 3 sc in each corner.
Sc the first three sides together, slip the pillow in and single crochet the last side together. Fasten off and weave in loose ends.
I hope you enjoy this boho pillow crochet pattern! Be sure to tag me on Instagram with your pillow, I would love to see it!
Thank to WeCrochet for providing the yarn for this pattern.
This post contains affiliate links. These links help me to give my audience free patterns. Thank you for your support!