This Mint Lemonade Recipe is a sweet and refreshing treat for summer. The fresh mint and lemon flavor is the perfect mix of cool and sweet. This recipe is very easy and quick to make that uses fresh mint and lemonade concentrate.
Mint Lemonade is by far my favorite summer drink. Pour over a cup of ice, this sweet drink is so refreshing from the cool flavor of the mint and the sweet/sour combo from the lemonade! The combination of mint and lemonade may sound intimidating and honestly not appealing, but once you try this fresh version of lemonade, you can never go back to the regular stuff!
This recipe is also very special to me because it is a family recipe. Growing up, I remember my mom talking about this mint lemonade that her mother would make. It wasn’t until I tried this drink for myself that I truly understood what all the hype of about!
While you do have to plan ahead when making this drink (the mint leaves need to steep), the active time that you are putting into making this drink is very little. To make this mint lemonade you have to first steep fresh mint leaves in water for several hours (the longer the better!) and then drain the mint leaves, so all you have left is the mint concentrate. Combine the mint concentrate along with the rest of the ingredients into a pitcher. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours and serve!
Alright, I think it’s time to make this delicious mint lemonade recipe! ?
- 2 cups of fresh mint leaves, washed
- 7 cups of water, divided
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 12 oz container of frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed.
- Add 4 cups of water and the mint leaves to a large pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, remove from the heat. Cover and let steep for 2 hours.
- Once steeped, strain the concentrate to discard the leaves.
- Pour 2 cups of the mint concentrate into a pitcher and stir in the sugar. Stir in the lemonade concentrate and 3 cups of water.
- Chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Top with lemon slices and fresh mint leaves (opitional) and serve!
The lemonade lasts up to 2 weeks in the fride.
Make sure to use liquid lemonade concentrate (which can be found in the freezer section) and NOT powdered lemonade.
I hope you enjoy this refreshing min lemonade recipe! Be sure to tag me on Instagram if you make this recipe!