This textured crochet pumpkin pattern is a modern way to add cozy fall vibes to any room! The free pattern is quick to crochet and is available in 3 sizes. Additionally, a free video tutorial is also available to make these pumpkins even easier to crochet!
Fall is truly beautiful it’s lovely foliage, cool weather, and all the cozy vibes and as always I’m excitedly awaiting the arrival of this beautiful season. My favorite way I like to enjoy this lovely season a little sooner is by crocheting pumpkins!
Bring all the cozy autumn vibes into your home with these adorable crochet pumpkins! The fun texture provides these pumpkins with uniqueness, while still making them easy to crochet. Quick to crochet, an entire collection of the pumpkins can easily be made!
I am personally not a crocheter that crochets items that are recognizably for a specific season/holiday (ex: Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Summer). However, crochet pumpkins are quite a different story. They are such an easy way to add a sweet handmade detail to fall decor. While I may be biased, I feel like yarn instantly adds a level of coziness, which is perfect for pumpkins since they are for such a cozy season! 🥰 I already have several crochet pumpkin patterns on the blog (like here and here), however I am a firm believer that you can never have too many pumpkins (especially when they are crocheted!).
I filmed a complete video tutorial for these crochet pumpkins! So if you are a visual crocheter, then the video tutorial will really help you make these pumpkins! While you can use the video tutorial, the free pattern is below that includes exact numbers/stitch counts for all of the sizes that you will want to refer to!
I hope you enjoy this textured crochet pumpkin pattern!
Yarn: 42(94, 114 yards of worsted weight (category 4) yarn. I used Lion Brand Heartland in Bryce Canyon and Yosemite. NOTE: 1 skein of Heartland is enough to make 1 pumpkin in each size
Hook: G/4.00mm crochet hook
You will also need:
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch marker
- Twig for the stem
- This pattern is written in standard US crochet terms.
- The pattern is worked on the wrong side and flipped inside out.
- These pumpkins are in a continuous spiral. Meaning you do not join at the end of each round, instead use a stitch marker at the beginning of each round to keep track of the rounds.
- Three sizes are written into the pattern. Throughout the pattern, the numbers will be in this order Small (Medium, Large).
Skill Level: Easy
Gauge: 6 rows of 7 sts following the stitch pattern in rounds 2-3 = 2 inches
NOTE: These measurements are approximate and finished sizing will vary based on gauge and how much the pumpkins are stuffed
Diameter: 3.5(5, 6) inches
Height: 2(2.5, 3) inches
Sl st: Slip stitch
Sc: Single crochet
Tr: Triple crochet
Leave a 12 inch tail at the beginning for seaming later. Ch 31 (43, 51)
Round 1: 1 sc in first ch to create a loop. *1 tr in st, 1 sc in next st* repeat around. (43, 51) sts
Round 2: *1 tr in st, 1 sc in next st* repeat around. (43, 51) sts
Round 3: *1 sc in st, 1 tr in next st* repeat around. (43, 51) sts
Round 4-12(17, 21): Repeat rounds 2-3
Fasten off leaving a long tail.
- Cinch the bottom closed
- Stuff the pumpkin
- Cinch the top closed leaving a small hole to fit the stem into
- To make the indentions, insert the needle through the bottom center. Pull up through the top center and pull slightly to make a more defined indention.
- Evenly work a total of 6 indentions around the pumpkin.
- Dab a littl bit of glue onto the twig and stick it through the center
- Weave in loose ends
I hope you enjoy this textured crochet pumpkin pattern! Be sure to tag me on Instagram with your adorable pumpkins, I would love to see it!
This post contains affiliate links. These links help me to give my audience free patterns. Thank you for your support!