The Maker Diaries is my monthly series where I let you see a little behind the scenes in to my life. Each month I share my to-do list and some things I have been loving. I hope you enjoy January’s Maker Diaries!
Happy 2022! 🎉 Who else is in slight shock that it is the start of another year? I’m definitely looking forward to this year as I graduate college and start working full-time. As excited as I am, I know the next few months will be insanely stressful as I finish up school. But I am determined to remain positive and to enjoy my last semester. With that being said, I anticipate that not many patterns will be published over the next few months. And surprisingly, I’m ok with that.
However, that definitely does not mean that I will not be crocheting/knitting. I’m plan on taking this time away from designing to finally make some things that have been on my list for a while (which includes a lot of mini baskets!). I have been non-stop designing for over three years now that I think this little break will be good for me. Anyways, for this maker diaries you will notice that my to-do list is not as long and it is focused on small things I can do to de-stress myself throughout the day.
- Read one book this month
- Use up cotton yarn that’s in my stash by making washcloths
- Finish a pair of socks
- Post 2 videos this month to Youtube
- Last month, I shared a book that I was loving, and this month I have to do the same with The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah. I am usually a slow reader, but I flew through this book in four days! I was so captivated throughout the entire book, it’s definitely a 5-star book!
- If you have been around for awhile than you know that last year was my first full year of bullet journaling and I am pleased to say that I will be doing it again in 2022! I have been spending much of the week between Christmas and New’s Years working on setting up my bullet journal and I am in love with how it turned out! The bullet journal I am using is this adorable journal by Archer and Olive that has a darling tea kettle on the front! 😭
- I recently made this tortellini soup and paired with a loaf of crusty bread, this makes the perfect cozy winter meal!
Let me know in the comments below or on Instagram what your plans are for January!