The Maker Diaries is my monthly series where I let you see a little behind the scenes in to my life. Each month I share my to-do list and some things I have been loving. I hope you enjoy February’s Maker Diaries!
Lately, I have been weirdly stressed about all of the projects I have. I currently have a lot of WIPs that are just sitting in baskets (and will probably continue to do so for a while), and I think all of those unfinished projects are stressing my out. I find it a little ironic since the reason why I am taking a little design break right now is because I don’t want to stress about projects (read more in last month’s Maker Diary to learn more about that!) In an effort to hopefully feel better, I spent some time this weekend, working on organizing my projects and yarn. I also created a project to-do list, which has honestly taken so much of the stress away. It is amazing how simply writing things down, relieves a lot of the stress.
January was a little bit of a rough month as I was discovering a new routine, but now that I have settled into a schedule that is really working for me I am so excited for this month and what I will be able to accomplish!
- Frog a sweater
- Start a new project with said forged yarn
- Read 3 books
- Cook 1 meal for friends
- Publish 1 video
- I didn’t start really drinking and ordering from Starbucks until about 6 months ago, and I have made it my effort to order something new every time I go. However a few weeks ago I finally discovered an incredible drink and when I was at Starbucks a few days ago, I had to order this drink again… it was so good! Here’s what I ordered: A grande shaken espresso with light ice, oat milk, 2 pumps of classic syrup, 2 pumps of brown sugar syrup, and 2 pumps of cinnamon dolce syrup. I am obsessed with this drink!
- I don’t think it would be a Maker Diary without sharing my favorite book I read this month! I just finished The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah and it was such a beautiful book. I think I prefer some of her other books, but this was still definitely a 5 star read!
- A night routine. While I have always had a fairly consistent morning routine, I never had a night routine. I accidentally fell into a routine in the evenings over the past few weeks, and I love it. It has become my favorite time of day as it is both relaxing, yet productive.
- Speaking of projects and getting organized, I published this fun blogpost about things I hope to make this year! I’m looking forward to seeing how many of these I can accomplish this year!
Let me know in the comments below or on Instagram what your plans are for January!