The Maker Diaries is my monthly series where I let you see a little behind the scenes in to my life. Each month I share my to-do list and some things I have been loving. I hope you enjoy January’s Maker Diaries!
Happy New Year’s friends! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season! I am so incredibly for this new year and what it holds. 2022 was such a hit and miss with Stitchberry as it was a year of transition and many busy, stressful seasons. I am so excited that I have been able to find a routine in my life that now allows me to invest more into Stitchberry and the content I create. As a result, I thought it would be really fun to bring back my monthly Maker Diaries series!
Last year, I started my podcast on my Youtube channel (which I am thoroughly enjoying making!), and I feel like there are many similar qualities between the video podcast and the Maker Diaries. So this blogpost series, might be going through several changes this year as I develop this series to be more beneficial (and encouraging to my fellow maker friends! ❤️). So over the next few months you may see different things coming in and out of these posts as I figure out what works for me. As always, let me know what YOU would like to see!
- Read the 12 Week Year. This year, I am implementing a workflow of accomplishing tasks and goals within the framework of quarters (or 12 weeks). While I have already started this process, I would really like to read this book about this rhythm as I have heard so many good things about it!
- Batch the blog posts for this quarter. I am SO EXCITED for all of the content I have planned for the blog! If you listen to any business podcasts, I’m sure if heard about how efficient batch working is. While I have done it a little bit in the past, I really want to start batch blogposts, for a most consistent posting schedule.
- Practice digital drawing. Last year I invested in an iPad for several different purposes, one of them being to do digital illustrations for personal use. I have only played around on the app that I’m using (Adobe Fresco), so I plan on watching some videos and tutorials with the goal of improving my drawing (which only comes with practice!).
- For Christmas I received the first Half Baked Harvest Book, and I immediately went through the book marking all of the recipes I need to try ASAP! I have already made a couple and they have turned out so good!
- I am currently working on a project with WeCrochet Wonderfluff, and it is literally some of the most dreamy yarn I have ever worked with! It is so insanely soft and fluffy and I just can’t get over how much fun it is to work with! I’m almost done with the project, and I’m a little sad because I don’t want to stop working with this yarn.
- If you have been around for awhile, you know my undying love for Taylor Swift. I also received this beautiful Taylor Swift inspired sweatshirt for Christmas and I have been wearing it almost everyday since! I got it in the Forest Green and in a size large and it is so incredibly oversized and cozy. I also appreciate the subtle Taylor Swift reference without screaming I’m a Swiftie:)
- I am re-entering my paper planner era (a blog post is coming soon about that!). But I have adored using paper planners/sticky notes/and note pads and it just feels so right to be writing things down on a physical piece of paper rather than making lists and plans on my computer.
Let me know in the comments below or on Instagram what your plans are for January!