The Maker Diaries is my monthly series where I let you see a little behind the scenes in to my life. Each month I share my to-do list and some things I have been loving. I hope you enjoy February’s Maker Diaries!
How is it already February? I know each month flies by, but I really can’t believe the first month of 2023 is already over! After such a chaotic and busy November and December, it felt good to fall into a calmer and slower routine in January. I spent a lot of time this month working on way too many projects at the same time. I prefer to focus on 1-2 projects at a time and somehow I am working on about 5 projects right now😅. In February I plan on organizing my projects into priority projects, and ones that can be places more on the back burner, because I am definitely feeling overwhelmed haha.
In 2023, I have the goal of reading 40 books, which will be the most books I’ve ever read in a year (I read 38 books in 2022, so I’m quite optimistic that I’ll accomplish my goal ☺️). I don’t know if its because it’s a new year with a new goal or because it’s winter so reading a book is so cozy, but I have been EXTREMELY motivated to read this month and I look forward to lots more reading in February!
Business wise, I’ve been putting a lot of time into my TikTok account. I played around with it a little bit throughout last year, but towards the end of the year, I began to take it more seriously and post more videos. Over the past year, I have begun to see how Instagram is no longer relevant to my business (at least right now!). I am finally recognizing that it’s not benefiting my business like other platforms, so why would I put my time and energy into it, when it’s not doing anything for me? But don’t worry, I still LOVE posting on my stories and I don’t foresee myself not posting on my stories anytime soon, as I love engaging with my followers through my stories.
- This year I want to develop a consistent posting routine for the blog and right now 1 post a week is going to be the most manageable for me. But this month, I would really like to batch write all of the blog posts for the next two months. I have the all of the posts planned, I just need to sit down and write them!
- Post at least 2 Tiktoks each week. Like with the blog, I want to develop a semi-consistent TikToks routine, but I don’t want to be rigid with it, as I would still like to keep it fun for me.
- Plan out the rest of the designs all the way through May.
- I recently purchased a new camera (!!!) and while I am not completely unknowledgeable with cameras, my knowledge is pretty limited. So I would like to spend more time this month practicing and playing around with my new camera.
- I read 7 books this month! My favorite book I read this month was All Good People Here by Ashley Flowers. It was a 5 star read for me, and if you love murder mystery/thrillers, I definitely recommend picking up this book!
- There are so many wonderful books, that I have wanted to reread, but I just don’t take the time to physically reread them, as there are too many new books I want to read. My solution? Listening the the rereads as audiobooks. I have a feeling most of the audiobooks I listen to this year will be rereads and I am SO EXCITED.
- I have been really bored with the music I have been listening to lately, especially the music that I listen to while I work. I am familiar with several of Gregory Alan Isakov’s songs, but I’ve been listening to his Evening Machines album a lot recently and it have been the perfect background music while I work!
- I published my first pattern of 2023! I am so pleased with how the Borough Scarf turned out. This is by far the coziest and warmest scarf I’ve ever owned!
Let me know in the comments below or on Instagram what your plans are for February!