The Maker Diaries is my monthly series where I let you see a little behind the scenes in to my life. Each month I share my to-do list and some things I have been loving. I hope you enjoy March’s Maker Diaries!
I’ve mentioned in the past that I have learned to embrace winter and now I truly adore the season with its dark evenings and cold weather. But as we have gotten a hint of spring with a few warm days in February, I have to admit it has me longing for warmer and longer days that will soon be upon us. Crochet (and knitting) are typically considered fall/winter hobbies, however, I secretly love them even more in the spring and summer months. I ADORE making home decor pieces and a recent realization is that I love working with cotton yarn even more than a wool blend (shocking I know!).
I feel like I developed a great routine in January and then other things came up in February that disrupted my routine and time for this business. I am hoping to revisit my January routine or develop a new one for March. My first way to do this, is to sit down on Sunday and make a list of everything I would like to accomplish that week business-wise. I used to do this in college with homework/business and it worked out SO WELL. I had a plan for each day before that day even started it was great. Since college, I haven’t really planned my week like this and I want to get back to it!
- Grade a new cardigan design. I don’t think I will release this pattern before August, but I want to prep as much as I can now!
- Hopefully release another spring design (and this one will be PERFECT for using up scraps of yarn!)
- Finally finish a knitted tank top I started LAST SPRING (and I am literally sooo close)
- Plan out the rest of the spring/summer designs and content!
- I am always looking for ways to increase my daily protein intake. Built protein bars have been a staple snack/on-the-go breakfast for a couple of years now and I love how they DON’T taste like protein. I recently ordered the raspberry protein bars and OH MY GOODNESS. They taste just like a Ghirardelli raspberry chocolate square but with 17 grams of protein:).
- The Hazelnut Henley Sweater pattern released this month and I am delighted with how much you all love it! I had the idea for this idea tucked away in my head for several years and to see the love it has received just warms my heart.
- I purchased the PRETTIEST mini skein fade set (see the above photo!) from Oak and Fiber for a super special project and I can’t wait to share more about that design with you all!
Let me know in the comments below or on Instagram what your plans are for March!
Leave a Reply