The Maker Diaries is my monthly series where I let you see a little behind the scenes in to my life. Each month I share my to-do list and some things I have been loving. I hope you enjoy July’s Maker Diaries!
I’m happy to report that June was a wonderful month! I was able to take a much needed trip to the beach, where I was able to crochet and knit a lot and finished this book (it was soooo good!). I was feeling incredibly inspired throughout the month, and so many sweet memories were made.
I finally finished the advent design that I started back in February (I know, I know. The project was often on the back burner!), and I am completely in love with it! I was also able to get a majority of the pattern written up which was a huge achievement considering everything included in the pattern. This month I have also been working on using up my scrap yarn (check out this video where I go into more details about what I am doing with my scrap yarn!).
I also switched email platforms and I can’t believe I waited so long to switch. I was using Mailchimp for years and I finally released it just wasn’t working for me anymore. So I switched to Flowdesk and I am kicking myself for not switching sooner! This platform is cleaner, easier to use, faster, and offers so much more than Mailchimp!
- I started crocheting a tank top for an event in August, so finishing the tank top, is top priority!
- Finish writing the advent pattern
- I would also like to finish knitting my sweater. I’m about 2/3 down with the sweater, so I’m feeling optimistic!
- July is the start of a new quarter, so I need to plan out goals, priorities, and tasks for the new three months
- Continue working on my email list (I made a lot of progress in June, and I look forward to maintaining the momentum in July!)
- One of my favorite artists, Noah Kahan, released his deluxe version of his album, Stick Season (We’ll be Here Forever), and I’m not joking when I say it has been on repeat all month.
- I have been on a journey for quite a few years for curating a minimal, timeless, and feminine wardrobe (and to be honest, it’s been put on the back burner for MONTHS). A few days ago I discovered the brand, Neuflora, I and am completely obsessed with their brand and clothing. This is EXACTLY the wardrobe that I have been striving to obtain for years. Now don’t get me wrong, I will not be ordering everything off the website immediately, but you will catch me slowly curating from dream wardrobe with their clothing over the next few years!
- Sewrella Yarn released their Summer Totals and these are my FAVORITE tonals they do out of the entire year! So stunning, calming, and beautiful! While it’s so hard to choose, I’d have to say that my favorites are either Driftwood or Pampas!
- I came across these double strawberry sugar cookie recipe recently, and I will definitely be making them as soon as I get the chance!
- For the month of June, I had the goal of using up my cotton yarn. I was able to make quite a few washcloths and for most of the washcloths, I used my Market Washcloth Pattern. This is my FAVORITE washcloth pattern, it is gentle on the skin and it creates the perfect fabric!
Let me know in the comments below or on Instagram what your plans are for July!
This post contains affiliate links. These links help me to give my audience free patterns. Thank you for your support!