The Maker Diaries is my monthly series where I let you see a little behind the scenes in to my life. Each month I share my to-do list and some things I have been loving. I hope you enjoy August’s Maker Diaries!
My deepest apologies to those who want summer to linger as long as possible, but I’m officially in an Autumnal headspace lol. My fall bucket list is ready to go and I have been burning all the fall candles that I can🤭. For me, autumn is truly the most magical season and I can’t wait to soak up every second of it this year!
A few weeks ago I planned out the rest of my designs for the year, and I am bursting with excitement for what I have planned for the next 5 months! However, I’m also mentally preparing myself for August, because it will be an extremely busy month with so many projects coming to fruition (so I will need allll the coffee I can consume in a day🙈)
- Fun fact: I hate finished desgin/project photos 😝. And unfortunately, I will have quite a few things that will need to be photographed this month, so that will be a huge task, since I keep pushing it off!
- Prep all the designs for the next few months. This includes ordering the yarn, sending out a tester call, filming video tutorials, and basically everything else that comes with designing patterns.
- Plan out the rest of the blogposts and videos for the rest of the year.
- This summer, I finally found myself obsessing over the country music genre. For YEARS I thought I hated county music – turns out I just had to take a trip to Nashville to discover my love for it lol. Anyways, I’ve been listening to Zach Byrans’ American Heartbreak album all summer long, and it has been the perfect music for road trips and working at my desk.
- Speaking of music, if you’ve been following me for awhile, then you know that my all time FAVORITE album is Taylor Swift’s Evermore record. I was recently browsing Etsy and came across this cozy sweatshirt inspired by a song off the album, that I am completely obsessed.
- I can’t believe I’m in this predicament, but I’ve quite literally been burning through all the candles I own. I’ve had quite the stock pile for a while, but now my stash is growing quite small, so I’ve been on the hunt for some new candles. I’ve been specifically eyeing this coffee candle by Sweet Water Decor, since I’ve never had a coffee candle before, and I feel like it would be the best candle to have 🙂
- I’m pretty sure I’ve shared this dyer’s yarn before, but I revisited Wild Purl Yarn’s Etsy shop, and I want everything in this shop!
- My sister found THE BEST brownie recipe ever. I’m not even joking, you will not regret making these decadent brownies!
Let me know in the comments below or on Instagram what your plans are for July!
This post contains affiliate links. These links help me to give my audience free patterns. Thank you for your support!